The New Jersey legislature recently passed bill A3605 for early detection of dyslexia. Here in New Hampshire, Windy Row Learning Center is proud to announce that we received two grants, one from the New Hampshire Charitable Fundation and one from the Bean Foundation for our new One in Ten Program which will educate pre-school, public school, and private school teachers in the signs of dyslexia and other reading challenges.
In our applications we outlined a 2-hour workshop that would cover:
- Definition of Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Basics
- Understanding Dyslexia
- Multisensory Structured Language Teaching
- Homeschooling a Student with Dyslexia
- Social and Emotional Problems Related to Dyslexia
- Adolescents and Adults with Dyslexia
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) and Dyslexia
- Testing and Evaluation
- Understanding Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia learning disabilities
If you or your organization is interested in learning how to identify and properly respond to children with reading challenges, please info [at] windyrow.org (contact) Windy Row. Most sincere thanks to the New Hampshire Charitable Fund and the Bean Foundation for making this workshop possible.