Windy Row Learning Center is accepting applications for specialized afterschool tutoring in reading and math. Here is the process for applying:
1. Reach out to us by phone (603-924-7198) or email with your contact information and the best time to reach you. We should respond within 24 hours.
2. In our initial talk, we will answer your questions about Windy Row Learning Center and any concerns you may have about Windy Row and the child you are trying to help.
3. Set up a formal parent interview with Dr. Cheryl Orcutt, our Executive Director.
4. Fill out the application form and any request for financial aid or scholarship.
5. We will evaluate your child, pair him or her with one of our professional tutors and set up an individual, one-on-one tutoring program that targets the reading or math problem(s).
6. Watch your child blossom!
Are you worried that your child is too young or too old for Windy Row? Most of our students are between kindergarten age and grade 10; but we have worked with younger (pre-K) and older (high school) students.
Are you worried that your child's reading challenge is too minor or too extreme? We have helped children with just one reading or math hurdle, and those whose challenges are complicated by or misdiagnosed as AD/HD. Our tutoring is individualized to the child's struggles.
Are you worried about the fees? We will do everything in our power to help you out financially. Our goal is to never turn away a child because of financial reasons.
Are you worried that you are seeking help too early or too late? Most of our students have fallen a year or more behind their peers in reading. If you are concerned now, please talk with us. But later will work fine, too. Every situation and child is different.
Are you worried that you will be pressured to send your child to Windy Row? Some parents and educators have spoken to us and then taken a year or even two to decide on Windy Row. Information is always helpful. Let us help.
Windy Row Learning Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to helping children who are struggling with reading and math. Our one-on-one specialized tutoring is available after school on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday for one hour each session. We can be reached at 603-924-7198 or by email.